a bit late, but here it is…
List 10 things you would tell your 16 year old self, if you could.
1. When your Creative Writing teacher tells you that you will never be a writer, laugh in her face and tell her “You just watch me!” You will feel so much better about yourself 30 yrs later.
2. In two years, your sister is going to bring a guy around who was supposed to be a date for your joint friend, Sandy. She turned the date down. Your sister is going to beg you to go out with him. Tell her definitively NO!
3. You are going to waste a lot of time on religion. Cut to the chase early and just follow nature. Don’t question it; just do it.
4. In a year you will begin college. Take what you want to take regardless of what your parents tell you. You will give yourself a 6 year jump start on your writing career.
5. Forget about guys… you don’t need anyone to validate you.
6. On Class Night, your oh-so-loving graduating class will hand you a picture of a guy you had a mild crush on when you were 11. Toss it out into the audience and say “Damn! I was hoping it was a girl!” They wouldn’t understand the whole Bi-thing, but at least you would have the last shock.
7. Do not ever get married! Not once or twice… stay single. You learn to love your peace and quiet and alone time and being married will just screw you up and land you in the insane asylum.
8. Enjoy life… I mean, really enjoy it. Do not allow yourself to get holed up in some dark dungeon and never experience the things that you want to experience.
9. Travel! Just get on a bus, train or plane and go!
10. Be fearless! Educate yourself thoroughly and do not be afraid to ask questions. Challenge authority!