List 10 people who have influenced you and describe how.
1. My dad – he taught me silence and stillness even though it took me nearly 30 yrs to realize it. He also taught me that sometimes you need to get away and be one with nature for a while.
2. Claire Born – not only is she my Reiki Master, but she also taught me that it is okay to let the words flow even if they appear to be random. She also started me on the road to spirituality. She still has much to teach me.
3. Gertrude Stein – She taught me to know the rules of language and then break them as often as possible.
4. Sylvia Plath – She taught me to be daring and bold in my poetry, to not be afraid to shock the world with my words.
5. Anne Sexton – She taught me to write poetry about taboo topics, to not be afraid to burst forth about myself.
6. The Buddha – He is teaching me mindfulness, stillness, meditational breathing and compassion.
7. The Beatles – collectively and individually, their music shaped my mind and my soul. From John’s “Give peace a try” to George’s spiritual enlightening lyrics, they molded me.
8. Jesus – a truly compassionate Ascended Master. His message is Love and that is an abundance I gladly cherish.
9. Orson Scott Card – politics and religion aside, he has delighted me for decades with his science fiction and inspired me to write in that genre.
10. Robert Downey, Jr. – he has taught me that no matter how down and out you can be, there is always room to bounce back.