My lovely friend Annette has nominated me for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award. I am deeply honored by this. Annette has become an important part of my life and I am blessed to know her. She has offered some questions and I will do my best to answer them.
- Why do you blog? I blog because I desire to share whatever I create with others, to enjoy others’ works, and to make good friends.
- Do you hope to accomplish something with blogging or do you just enjoy it? Actually both. I wish to create a network with other writers and I enjoy blogging.
- Where do you live? A small railroad town in S.W. Virginia
- What are a few of your top books? The House of Breath by William Goyen, The Ender’s Game series by Orson Scott Card, my entire Stephen King collection, The Mars books by Kim Stanley Robinson, and my collection of poetry books by a variety of poets.
- How about movies? What are your favorites? Oh dear, where to start. My all time favorite movie is The Breakfast Club. Some of my other faves are Ferris Bueller’s Day Off, Pretty Woman, City of Angels, Eat Pray Love, Dr. Zhivago, all of the X-Men movies, all of the Iron Man movies, and tons of classic movies from the 30s, 40s, 50s, and 60s.
- What could you not live without? Air, water, food, clothing and shelter. Seriously, I could do without everything else.
- How would you hope to be described? Eccentric, odd, loving, compassionate, and friendly.
- What is your soapbox? Racism, bigotry and ignorance.
- Where would you like to retire? I already am, somewhat, but if I had my druthers and apparently with this question, I do, it would be somewhere in coastal Maine.
- What do you do for work/day job/etc.? I am disabled, but I am also a writer.
As for nominations, this is the only part of these awards that I do not participate in. So many of my blogging friends do not accept them and I don’t want to push this on anyone who wouldn’t want to participate. So, instead, I nominate anyone who wishes to participate. Snag the award banner and answer the above questions and if you would be so kind, link back to me here so I can read your answers.