I’ve been nominated for the Blogger Recognition Award by the lovely Brooke @ theutopianuniverse. Thank you so much, Brooke. I am humbled and honored and graciously accept your nomination.
- Write a post to show your award
- Give a brief story of how your blog started
- Give two advice notes to new bloggers
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to
I think I’ve told the story about how A Whispered Wind came about before, but I will tell it again for my new followers. A Whispered Wind is actually the title of an unfinished novel that I was working on eons ago. When I began it, I was in the flow of it full force. Then I had a serious bout of depression. When I recovered from that depression, I could no longer get back into the voice of my MC. It sits now on a shelf awaiting the day when I may or may not get back to it. So why did I chose to use the title of an unfinished novel? Good question. I love the way the words sound together. I used to post my poetry and short fiction on another site, but I had a falling out with some of the writers there and decided to just create a blog to put my work on. I was currently working on that novel and thought that maybe I would post it on here too. That never came about, but I have been pretty much actively blogging here on A Whispered Wind since.
My best advice for new bloggers:
- Make your blog easily accessible to other bloggers. You can do this by adding the following widgets to your blog: Follow Me by Email, Search, Calendar, Archives, Categories, Tags, Social Media. You can add other widgets too, but the above should be on every blog to make it easier for your followers to follow you on other media (if you want that kind of thing), find your stuff, and go back through your blog for your older material.
- Chose a theme for your blog, be it a personal journal, writing blog for your poetry or fiction, your hobbies, or just interesting facts that you have knowledge about.
- (yes, I know it said 2, but I just have to add this!) Be consistent! This goes for not only posting regularly, but answering your comments and visiting those who follow you as often as possible. The blogosphere is a community and if you want followers, you have to give as much as you take.
As for nominations, I nominate EVERYONE! You are all phenomenal and I enjoy all of your blogs! So consider yourself nominated, grab the badge, follow the rules and link back to me so I can read your answers.