Hump Day Poetry is a weekly poetry blog-share every *Wednesday*
Here’s how you can join in
1. Write a poem (any type of poetry, even for other challenges) You have from Wednesday to the following Tuesday to link up!
2. Grab the badge and display it on your blog to show your support.
3. Link it to my poem of the week with a pingback or by leaving the link to your poem in comments.
4. Visit other bloggers’ poetry for that week. Like, leave a comment, and share! (Please try to visit as many other poets as possible. Keep the community love flowing!)
Note: to create a pingback, simply include the url of this post somewhere in your post. Please check my page to ensure your pingback has posted. If not, it is either awaiting moderation, or the pingback failed (happens sometimes!). To ensure your post is seen, you may want to just add the link to my page. I would rather have duplicates than not get to read your poetry!
Click HERE for further information.
And now for my poem of the week….
Just To Be With You
~for Lisa D.
I discard these bones
to appease you
toss out my heart too
open up my veins
to bleed for you
give up my darkness
for a day of light
to be with you
you couldn’t survive
the real me
if I didn’t mask
this darkened me
I give you bunnies
sunshine and joy
a blanket of beauty
to shroud you in
all this pretense
for just one day
and when you are gone
exhausted and shallow
©2016 Lori Carlson. All Rights Reserved.
Happenings in the World of Poetry
Each week I will list 5 poetry (and fiction!) bloggers who I follow and enjoy their work. I hope you will take a few moments to check out their blogs. Here is this week’s offerings:
- If you’d like to join a poetry collective, check out The Poet’s Corner
- Candor Creatives is seeking submissions for April, to read all about the rules, click here
- There’s a lot going on over at the Poetry Festival – how about your poem made into a film? Also lots of poets from around the world to read and enjoy!
Are you looking for weekly poetry (and sometimes fiction) challenges? Never fear! Check out the following:
- Mindlovemisery’s Menagerie
- RonovanWrite’s Haiku Prompt Challenge
- Haiku Horizons
- The Writing Reader
If you know of other happenings in the world of poetry or blogs that host poetry challenges, let me know in comments and I will include them in next week’s Happenings!