Hump Day Poetry is a weekly poetry blog-share every *Wednesday*
Here’s how you can join in
1. Write a poem (any type of poetry, even for other challenges) You have from Wednesday to the following Tuesday to link up!
2. Grab the badge and display it on your blog to show your support.
3. Link it to my poem of the week with a pingback or by leaving the link to your poem in comments.
4. Visit other bloggers’ poetry for that week. Like, leave a comment, and share! (Please try to visit as many other poets as possible. Keep the community love flowing!)
Note: to create a pingback, simply include the url of this post somewhere in your post. Please check my page to ensure your pingback has posted. If not, it is either awaiting moderation, or the pingback failed (happens sometimes!). To ensure your post is seen, you may want to just add the link to my page. I would rather have duplicates than not get to read your poetry!
Click HERE for further information.
And now for my poem of the week….
Awaiting Your Return
~for Lisa D.
this deafening silence grows
hour upon hour, day upon day
and I wonder what offense
struck a blow between us
maybe I’ve read this wrong
a chapter in our lives
where the verbiage is foreign
too strange to comprehend
or am I getting what I asked for?
I can’t take those words back
only pry open the window
to let you back in
I shrug off this bitter chill
await the sunshine I know will come
©2016 Lori Carlson. All Rights Reserved.
Happenings in the World of Poetry
Each week I will list 5 poetry (and fiction!) bloggers who I follow and enjoy their work. I hope you will take a few moments to check out their blogs. Here is this week’s offerings:
- Paper Plane Pilots is an amazing group of poets and fiction writers. They also host a free literary magazine and are currently accepting submissions for issue eight of In-flight Literary Magazine. The deadline to submit is June 1st.
- At the NPM Daily blog, you’ll find a new interview with a poet each day during April.
- Maybe you’d be interested in making a guerrilla poetry video!
- If you live in or around Northern Georgia (USA), try getting out to Blue Ridge on Saturday, April 9th for the Blue Ridge Writer’s Conference. Robert Lee Brewer of Poetic Asides will be there leading two sessions focused on poetry.
- The WaterSedge Poetry Chapbook contest is hosted by Writer’s Relief, Inc. The chapbook contest runs to May 25, 2016. The winning poet will receive a $500 cash prize; publication of the poetry chapbook in both print and e-book formats; Amazon distribution for Kindle and print; and 25 free print copies. The contest is limited to poetry chapbooks 24 – 48 pages in length, and the entry fee is $20. Click the link above for complete contest submission guidelines.
Are you looking for weekly poetry (and sometimes fiction) challenges? Never fear! Check out the following:
- Mindlovemisery’s Menagerie
- RonovanWrite’s Haiku Prompt Challenge
- Haiku Horizons
- The Writing Reader
If you know of other happenings in the world of poetry or blogs that host poetry challenges, let me know in comments and I will include them in next week’s Happenings!