Hello, dear readers. There will not be a part to Seeing You today. As you know, it is Thanksgiving here in the US. We’ve been swamped with cooking food and family running in and out all day. Although I am still quite ill, I helped with the cooking and have spent the day with my nieces. I am exhausted. Utterly so. I am now going to take my meds and crawl into bed. I will try to get Parts 24 & 25 up tomorrow.
I hope my US friends have had a blessed and grateful Thanksgiving. To my readers and friends all over the World, love and blessings to you.
Hey Readers, I won’t be able to finish today’s Seeing You part 6. I have been sick all day. The yucky sick part that isn’t polite to speak about. I’ve tried to work on it off and on all day, but just haven’t gotten far. Will try to work on it after I’ve rested a while, but don’t look for a part any time tonight. *headdesk* I hate being sick.
My lovely friend Annette has nominated me for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award. I am deeply honored by this. Annette has become an important part of my life and I am blessed to know her. She has offered some questions and I will do my best to answer them.
- Why do you blog? I blog because I desire to share whatever I create with others, to enjoy others’ works, and to make good friends.
- Do you hope to accomplish something with blogging or do you just enjoy it? Actually both. I wish to create a network with other writers and I enjoy blogging.
- Where do you live? A small railroad town in S.W. Virginia
- What are a few of your top books? The House of Breath by William Goyen, The Ender’s Game series by Orson Scott Card, my entire Stephen King collection, The Mars books by Kim Stanley Robinson, and my collection of poetry books by a variety of poets.
- How about movies? What are your favorites? Oh dear, where to start. My all time favorite movie is The Breakfast Club. Some of my other faves are Ferris Bueller’s Day Off, Pretty Woman, City of Angels, Eat Pray Love, Dr. Zhivago, all of the X-Men movies, all of the Iron Man movies, and tons of classic movies from the 30s, 40s, 50s, and 60s.
- What could you not live without? Air, water, food, clothing and shelter. Seriously, I could do without everything else.
- How would you hope to be described? Eccentric, odd, loving, compassionate, and friendly.
- What is your soapbox? Racism, bigotry and ignorance.
- Where would you like to retire? I already am, somewhat, but if I had my druthers and apparently with this question, I do, it would be somewhere in coastal Maine.
- What do you do for work/day job/etc.? I am disabled, but I am also a writer.
As for nominations, this is the only part of these awards that I do not participate in. So many of my blogging friends do not accept them and I don’t want to push this on anyone who wouldn’t want to participate. So, instead, I nominate anyone who wishes to participate. Snag the award banner and answer the above questions and if you would be so kind, link back to me here so I can read your answers.
art credit: Traveler @ Zerochan.net
This life is a lay-over
a brief stop in eternity
a chance to love
meet and share
not long, lingering
a mere blip
in a spiritual journey
of the soul
A beautiful poem reflecting on Nature and Life…
Comments are disabled. Please visit Keith’s blog to leave a comment. Thanks!
in order to be full
and live a full life
to love unconditionally
to give without taking
to forgive and be forgiven
to become still, silent
and be present…
I had to pour out
all of my troubles
hatred and prejudice
and just be…
And so I do this
Hoist up the mast and set sail
Not caring what direction I take
Or where it will lead me
I just need to be free
To explore whatever is out there
To lose sight of the shore
To be one with this vast Ocean called life